1. Purpose of Policy
This policy sets out Safety Education Australia’s policy and procedures relating to fees, refunds, rescheduling, and cancellations.
2. Scope of Policy
This policy applies to all clients of Safety Education, including prospective clients and those who are eligible for Government funding/subsidy.
3. Policy Statement
This policy is to be read in conjunction with applicable legislative instruments including the Australian Consumer Law legislation, ASQA Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs), and smart and Skilled Contract Terms and Conditions (where applicable).
Under the guidance and framework provided by these Regulations and Codes, Safety Education Australia will conduct all student fee administration and refunds ethically, honestly, and with fairness to all parties.
Safety Education Australia honors its commitment to all processes outlined in this document ensuring we always provide a high-quality education service.
4. Acceptance of the Terms and conditions
You accept the Terms by remaining on the Website, purchasing the Course, or using the Course. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by Safety Education Australia in the user interface.
5. Registration for the Course
In order to access the Course, you must first read all information and book/pay for a space in any available class of this Course on our Website (the “Course Booking”). As a part of the purchasing process, or as part of your continued use of the Course, you must provide all required personal information about yourself, including but not limited to the:
- Full name
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- Date of birth
- Education background
- Unique Student Identifier
- 6.1. Fee Administration and Notification Prior to enrolment, information on course details and the enrolment process is made available to the client. Course fees are determined based on the course location and course date selected.Clients are issued a tax invoice and/or payment methods upon booking confirmation. Additional fees may be charged for:
- i. The re-issuance of misplaced or lost certificates. An extra fee of $30 is charged for each certificate. (Testamur, Record of Results, and/or Statement of Attainment) that requires reprinting.
- ii. Clients who require a reassessment of a task (i.e. following 2 previous unsuccessful submissions) will be charged an extra fee for each subsequent submission.
- 6.2. Fee Collection and Payment Methods Clients are provided with detailed fees, charges, and refund information prior to enrolment, and are asked to accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by Safety Education Australia in the user interface.Safety Education Australia does not accept payment of more than $1,500.00 from each individual student prior to the commencement of their course (no matter how these fees are collected).For individual students, fees can be paid in full prior before the commencement of training via the website or in class.Fees paid are documented in the student management system and in the financial accounts where regular reconciliation occurs. Failure to pay scheduled fees may lead to a discontinuation of training or a delay in the issuance of a certificate until the outstanding fees have been paid. Where training discontinuation or a delay in the issuing of a certificate is likely, clients will be informed of their rights and responsibilities. Safety Education Australia retains all evidence of fees collected and all attempts to recover outstanding fees in the client’s file and in the student management system.