Australia is the choice destination for many international students. Many come here to study in the construction industry and work in it, even with their student visa. If you are one such student and planning to work in the construction industry, you must take the White Card training course in Footscray or wherever you are located. Here is the detailed information regarding this course.
What is a White Card?
A White Card is given to people associated with the construction industry as proof that they have undergone construction induction training in Australia. The training aims to teach the participants the fundamentals of health and safety guidelines that govern the workplace of the construction industry.
How to get the White Card?
White Card can be obtained after completing the induction training course, which should be done through an RTO (Registered Training Organisation). The course can be taken online or in person, and it should be at least 6 hours. Most states and territories require the participant to be in a face-to-face classroom, while a few allow just online classes.
What documents do international students need to enrol in this training?
If you are an international student, then you will need the following documents when joining the training for White Card:
- Your student visa
- Citizenship certificate
- Photo identity
- Valid passport
- Current residence proof (in the form of a utility invoice)
- Credit card
What to do when preparing for White Card training?
If you are preparing to take this training, you need to do these needful:
- Find a reliable and reputed RTO near you. You can find the list of these registered training organizations on the Australian Skills Quality Authority website.
- If you like the RTO and their course timing/fees suit you, then enrol in the course.
- You will be given course materials on various topics covered during your White Card training course in Footscray. Some include risk management, hazard identification, emergency procedure and others. You should thoroughly understand the course material before going for the assessment test.
- Once the course is completed, and if you are clear about your course material, you will have to sit for an assessment test. Your RTO will arrange the test for you. The question pattern in the test includes MCQ, practical demonstrations of what you learned, and short answer questions.
- If you pass this assessment, then you will receive the White Card. Once you have this card, you can work in any construction industry all over Australia.